|· Professor of Surveying, Geodesy and GIS – Geomatics Engineering Department – Faculty of Engineering at Shubra – Benha University – Egypt.|
· Former Vice Dean for Community Service and Environmental Development Affairs Faculty of Engineering at Shubra – Benha University – Egypt 2020 – July 2022.
· Former Head of the Geomatics Engineering Department – Faculty of Engineering at Shubra – Benha University – Egypt 2018-2020.
· He holds a PhD from the Technical University- Graz- Austria – 1996.
· Prof. Amr Ali is sharing in teaching different courses in the fields of Surveying, Geodesy and GIS to the undergraduate, postgraduate students at the Geomatics Engineering Department.
· Coordinator of the cooperation activities between Benha University and the Egyptian Space Agency 2020 to date.
· Technical GIS advisor at the General Authority for Urban Planning to design and implement a unified spatial information system “Spad-GIS” 2017 to date.
· Technical advisor to the National Center for State Land Use in the field of spatial data analysis 2020 to date.
· Technical advisor to the World Bank in evaluating the technological information infrastructure for a group of governmental agencies in 2018 to date.
· Technical advisor at the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology “Geographic Information Systems Sector” in some projects to recover state lands 2017-2019.
· Member of the National Committee for the Survey, Maps and GIS Division, Ministry of Water Resources and Irrigation 2012 to date.
· Technical advisor to the Arab Survey Union 2015 to date.
· Representative of Egypt in the International Federation of Surveying “FIG” in the field of education 2012 to date.
· Technical advisor to the National Authority for Remote Sensing and Space Sciences 2016-2018.
During the last 40 years, Prof. Amr Ali has distinguished knowledge and extensive experience in many fields related to spatial data science.
At the level of national projects in the field of spatial sciences, Prof. Ali participated in the preparation and implementation of several projects.
Prof. Amr Ali has published more than 50 papers in the fields of geodesy, navigation systems and geomatics in many local / international journals. In addition, he is participating in the judgment of many papers in a group of local and international journals.
He also supervised many masters and doctoral dissertations in the Egyptian universities and some European universities
In the field of community service, Prof. Amr Hanafi is a member of several non-profit NGOs to share in the Geo-Socio-Economical Studies.